The 2nd International Bioeconomy Congress will be an interdisciplinary expert and stakeholder meeting dedicated to systemic approaches of bioeconomy. The aim of the conference will be to discuss innovative products, processes and regional concepts that use biomass instead of fossil resources and contribute to both climate goals and global food security. These include technological innovations as well as careful evaluations of environmental, climate and societal impacts. Basic research will be covered in addition to implementation strategies for markets and society in order to develop future bioeconomy scenarios.
In our call for contributions we are looking for oral and poster presentations on the following topics:
- Sustainable biomass supply
- Food and feed – New sources, products, technology and applications
- Value chains for new materials, chemicals and fuels
- Substrates, technologies and products in the biogas value chain
- Integration of feedstock and processes
- Bioeconomy and the environment
- Concepts for measuring and modelling the sustainability of bio-based materials
- Societal issues of bioeconomy
The conference will take place at the beautiful campus of the University of Hohenheim in Stuttgart. It will include plenary and parallel sessions dedicated to key bioeconomy topics as well as a scientific poster session.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the German Southwest!